i’ve decided that because of my current photo draught, i’ll break my own rules and update without one. a few things.
- we’re going to see david byrne tonight, which i didn’t realize until recently is something i’ve been waiting for my entire life.
- i love to go to the derby but i still don’t know how to skate.
- the dance scene in chapel hill still sucks. the once-monthly dance nights suck and the daily dance nights definitely suck. i’m about to take up dancing in my room in sweatpants permanently.
- on wednesday, i’m supposed to wear something “slinky” and pass out crayons so people can color on their really terrible orchestra of the triangle programs. i think it will be fun.
- last week, a customer told me that an angel was going to come down and bless me with some extra cash. i was hoping that would come in the form of some catering work on saturday, but that didn’t work out. did i do something bad to my karma between the middle of last week and saturday? if so, i hope i’ve worked it out by now.
- i bought a shitload of yarn. now i just need to learn how to make things from it.
- on a related note, the tip of my right middle finger keeps going numb when i knit for more than 5 minutes. what is that? i’m not going to let it stop me, and lord knows i haven’t been doing this long enough to have any sort of knitter’s affliction.
- i had a small emotional meltdown late last week when i was trying to relate to lyle a funny nickname that osiris had given himself. i couldn’t get it out because i was laugh/crying too hard so i went back in the room to get osiris to tell lyle and osiris thought i’d lost it. i mean i was for real crying – hard sobbing, snot running down my face crying – from laughter. i’ve cried and not been able to talk from laughter before, but this was something new and kind of frightening. i guess it’s good that all that emotion came out in a laugh and not in the opposite direction, which i guess means my life is alright.
- i added snow to my blog because wordpress told me to. i am also rethinking grad school applications for right now because pre-reqs are looking mighty ominous.