Two days ago, the Yaris and I celebrated our anniversary by watching basketball and taking naps. In reality, only I celebrated that way. The Yaris sat outside and got rained on. It was a good anniversary for both of us. I got a rest from driving all over the place and the Yaris got a break from having dead bugs splattered all over its face.
When I drove the Yaris off the lot on May 17, 2008, it had traveled 27 miles. As of tonight, it has gone this many:
I have driven this car 19,367 miles in the last year (and two days) and didn’t even go on any crazy road trips. Most of it was to work and back or to visit family on unreasonably short trips. I think this year I will try to take a road trip while the Yaris and I are both PYTs. Maybe I will drive to Chicago in July instead of fly. If it’s not raining the whole time, I could drive all the way there with the windows down.
I made a mix, not necessarily to celebrate our anniversary, but more to celebrate the coming summer in general. I could listen to it on the road, but mostly I’ve been listening to it sitting at a picnic table on my lunch breaks. You can listen to it wherever you want. It doesn’t really matter to me.
1. The Dirty Projectors – Stillness Is The Move
2. Röyksopp – Happy Up Here
3. N.A.S.A. (feat. George Clinton & Chali 2na) – There’s A Party
4. The Notorious B.I.G. – Party And Bullshit (Ratatat remix)
5. Aceylone – Sound Gun
6. Issa Bagayogo – Bana
7. N.A.S.A. (feat. David Byrne, Chali 2na, Gift Of Gab & Z-Trip) – The People Tree
8. White Denim – Mirrored And Reverse
9. Bran Van 3000 – Problems
10. The Slits – New Town
11. The Dirty Projectors – No Intention
12. Looper – These Things
13. The Shins – Plenty Is Never Enough