I normally really hate April Fool’s Day. I don’t have the right mindset for pranks and I usually find them remarkably less than funny. I was very resistant to last year’s blog prank, which turned out to be the correct response considering all of the concerned phone calls I got about it (hi, Mom!). Call me humorless, but if I peed onto some plastic wrap and it bounced back up at me, I would be straight-up pissed off, no laughs. I’d much rather laugh with someone than at someone and, to top it all off, I’m really really bad at coming up with pranks or keeping a straight face. So that’s that.
I was kind of surprised to wake up this morning feeling good. But there are all sorts of things to feel good about! I’ll list some:
- Mid-80s temperatures
- Clear skies
- Bradford Pear flowers all over the ground, which means they’re about done harassing me.
- The new Bobby McFerrin album, which is seriously so good, and the fact that he is a sorcerer/magician:
- Green tea and St. John’s Wort
- A busy schedule
- Knitting bags to bring to the farmers market
- Loading up on yarn for slow summer knitting
- Novels and short stories
- Comic books
- Securing days off for summer vacation
- Easter, Easter eggs, and family
- 3 day weekend, as a gift to myself
- Thinking about fans rushing Rosemary St. if UNC wins the NIT.
It’s been hectic and I look forward to being more settled and seeing the hometown friends we’ve been inadvertently neglecting. It’s time for porch drinks and grilling out. So bump being a grump on April 1. Embrace the good mood!